Saturday, August 7, 2010

Kitchen Re-do

I know this blog is supposed to be about Hannah but I just don't have enough time to manage a separate blog about me. So I am going to start posting some of my favorite things!

My newest favorite is my "new" back splash.

I moved into my house a month before Hannah was born and I have loved it but thought it was a little "builder". I got to pick out all the finishes but those design centers are seriously lacking.
I have wanting a new back splash since we moved in but ripping out tile is not my favorite activity. Not to mention back-buttering, grouting and then cleaning all the excess grout.
I also didn't want to pay for the back splash of my dreams so I came up with this idea.

I put wall decals on my back splash tile!


It took me about 2 hours and $35.00 to decorate 50 tiles.
I think it is pretty amazing!


5 comments:

  1. Wow, Donna Jo! That looks great, and what a cool idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! It's amazing! You've created a rush on decals at the local home improvement store, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I actually got them from this amazing etsy site http://www.etsy.com/shop/byrdiegraphics
    They are recommended for a fake-wallpaper look for apartments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it DJ! It looks so chic and orginal!

    ReplyDelete